The “Policy on Outdoor Advertising Control” of EMM contains detail on the requirements and criteria for several different types of advertisements. These signs are categorized in the following main classes, and all these signs are seen as outdoor advertising, including signs such as:
Billboards and other high impact signs:
- Any size of billboard or free standing sign larger than 4.5m2.
- Advertisements on street furniture, suburban name signs, street name advertisements,
- Banners, flags, and temporary signs, such as posters, estate agent boards, project and development boards,
- Security signs and other similar schemes,
- Product replica or three-dimensional signs;
Signs on buildings, structures or on a business premises:
- Sky signs, roof signs, flat signs, projecting signs, painted signs on walls, roofs or murals,
- Signs on the premises, forecourt or sidewalk of a business or home undertaking,
- Advertisements on pylons,
- Construction advertisements;
Signs for the tourist and traveller; and
Mobile signs such as aerial balloons, vehicular or trailer advertisements.
Miscellaneous advertising signs
- Free-standing signs at educational facilities and institutions and sports stadia and fields