Arbour month - September 2014
Environmental Development Department will be planting 11 000 trees in 11 minutes in 101 wards.
The objectives of the campaign:
- To create an urban forest as a climate change proofing initiative to directly respond to formidable challenges and risks posed by the pending unpredictable negative impacts of climate change.
- To maintain a healthy environment for the benefit and well-being of humanity at no cost.
Types of Trees to be planted:
You will be taken to an external website with information about the tree if you click on the name of the tree.
- Olea Europaea Africana
- Podocarpus Henkeli
- Combretum Eryhrophyllum
- Rhus (Searsia) Pendulina
- Kiggelaria Africana
- Celtis Africana
- Combretum Kraussii
- Kirki Wilmsii
- Schotia Brachypetala
Do you want a tree planted in your area?
Either contact your ward councillor or phone the project manager of your area.
Contact persons for your area:
Thokoza, Katlehong, Alberton & Germiston
- Brenda Nkosi – 011 999 0651
Brakpan, Tsakane, Vosloorus & Boksburg
- Wanda van der Merwe – 011 999 5676
Bedfordview, Edenvale, Tembisa & Benoni
- Tyron Charles – 011 999 4079
Springs, Duduza, Kwa-Thema, Nigel, Daveyton & Etwatwa
- Christina Nhlapo – 011 999 8816