Below is a list of the many different ways which you can pay your council tax:
Pay by telephone banking or online banking
Pay at the Post Office
You can pay your council tax online using our secure payments system available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
e-Siyakhokha Services is a free online service that allows home owners, companies, property managing agents and tenants to register. Thereafter you can view, download and make payments for all utility accounts electronically from the comfort of your home or office.
This service also provides a full history of accounts from registration and payments made using this system, as well as the ability to interact with the Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality in the form of lodging complaints and queries electronically.
To complete the online registration process you will need
- Your Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality Account Number
- Your ID number
- Your personal details
- Your bank account details [optional]
Ekurhuleni customers can now pay their municipal services account using a credit card or debit card at any of the Customer Care Centres (CCCs) within Ekurhuleni.
ABSA Bank speed point facilities are available as these points, and master and visa cards will be accepted. Unfortunately, Diner’s Club and American Express Cards will not be accepted.
Ekurhuleni customers can also buy pre-paid electricity using the same cards at all these facilities.
How to avoid interest
- If payment is made through a third party, seven working days should be allowed for the payment to be received and reflected on the account.
- If payment is made at another Customer Care Centre which is not where the customer resides or where the business is situated, again seven working days should be allowed for the payment to be received and to reflected.
- To avoid payments going amiss, customers should always ensure that they have the correct municipal services account number.