Here are some common questions and answers in regards to traffic fines in Ekurhuleni.
How to find out if I have fines in Ekurhuleni or other cities?
https://www.viewfines.co.za (APS Aggregated Payment Systems, where registered financial institutions query)
Both websites offer similar functionality but are independent from one another. You only have to register at one of the two websites.
- https://www.viewfines.co.za (APS Aggregated Payment Systems, where registered financial institutions query)
- Register and complete the online form. Use your own Identity Number as username and provide your own password. This is intended for individuals only. Proxies of companies can also use this but the system will not display all outstanding fines and will display a message that Proxies need to contact the authority directly.
Login with the details you have just register with and the website will list:
- All outstanding fines at all listed Municipalities including Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality
- All outstanding Warrants of Arrest at all listed Municipalities and
A history displaying all fines that have been finalised in any manner (i.e. Paid, Cancelled, Withdrawn, etc.)
If you tick the box next to notify me, you will be notified in future via email of any new fines issued by any of the listed Municipalities.
- If you click on any fine itself – and there is an image linked to the fine it will be displayed as well.
- All payment methods/options per Municipality will be displayed at the bottom of each fine enquiry.
How do I pay my Ekurhuleni fine?
Warrants of Arrest – these have to be paid at the Clerk of the Court in whose jurisdiction the offence was committed or to any Ekurhuleni Metro Police Cashier at the following points:
- At any Metro Police Cashier/Precinct point. Always directly captured into system (therefore Live & Online).
- Alberton – Swartkoppies rd, Alberton
- Benoni – Cnr Tom Jones & Victoria Avenue, Benoni
- Boksburg – Cnr Bank & Adderley Street, Boksburg
- Brakpan – Cnr Kingsway & Park Street, Brakpan
- Edenvale – Cnr 9th Road & Van Riebeeck rd, Edenvale OR Municipal Court Office, 1St Road, Edenvale
- Germiston – Voortrekker Street, Elsburg
- Kempton Park – Municipal Court Office, 11 Long Street, Kempton Park Rates Hall, Civic Centre, CR Swart Avenue, Kempton Park EMPD Precinct @ OR Tambo International Airport, Domestic Concourse
- Nigel – 33 Somerset Street, Nigel
- Springs – Rates Hall @ Civic Centre, South Main Reef, Springs
All Ekurhuleni fines (Traffic and Bylaw related) can be paid at any of the under-mentioned vendors
- ABSA – Choose Pay Traffic Fine, Enter 16 digit notice number and select from Account. This is live online and will reflect directly on Ekurhuleni’s Contravention System
- At any ABSA cashier – for anyone,
- Any ABSA ATM – Only for ABSA Bank clients,
- Internet Banking – Select Traffic fine under Payments and then enter 16 digit notice number, select from account. – Only for ABSA Bank Internet clients
- SAPO – South African Post Office. This is live online and will reflect directly on Ekurhuleni’s Contravention System.
- Any South African Post Office anywhere in South Africa. Hand over original fine and pay cashier.
- FNB – First National Bank. This is live online and will reflect directly on Ekurhuleni’s Contravention System but is only available for FNB clients.
- Any FNB ATM – Only available for FNB clients.
- Easypay – Any Easypay outlet (list available at http://www.Easypay.co.za ). This is not live at all and will not reflect correct status until manually updated at a later stage. Only Spot fines can be paid (Section 341 – i.e. Parking related fines and initial stage of Camera fines) No other fines can be paid.
- Pick n Pay,
- Shoprite Checkers,
- Engen Quickshops,
- Some Woolworths Stores,
- Boxer, etc.
How do I do a representation?
If you wish to do a representation due to the fact that you were not the driver who committed the offence then the following procedure must be followed:
- Complete an affidavit stating why you need to do a representation and list all the details of the driver (offender) who did commit the offence. This is a statement that must be signed before a Commissioner of Oaths (All Police officers and Metro Police officers are Commissioner of Oaths)
Details to be submitted:
- Notice number of original fine
- Registration Number
- Driver’s Surname and Full names
- Driver’s Identity Number
- Driver’s Full residential Address
- Driver’s Full Business Address
- Driver’s Full postal address
- Submit this affidavit to any of the offices as listed. This must be done within 30 days after fine has been issued or before the Payment date on any Summons or Notice to appear in Court. It can also be posted to: Private Bag X23, Kempton Park, 1620
- Return postal address must be listed in order to be notified of the outcome of the representation.