Executive Mayor Cllr Mzwandile Masina Announces Changes To His Mayoral Committee
Executive Mayor Cllr Mzwandile Masina announced changes to his Mayoral Committee on 13 June 2019.
The changes follow the results of the 8 May 2019 National and Provincial Government Elections, in which Mayoral Committee Members, Cllr Petrus Mabunda and Alderman Robert Mashigo were sworn in as members of the Provincial Legislature and National Assembly, respectively.
The changes made to the Mayoral Committee are guided by the need to continue accelerating service delivery to communities of Ekurhuleni.
In appointing new Members of the Mayoral Committee, the Executive Mayor has focused on selecting individuals with experience, competence, and a passion for service delivery excellence. The new Mayoral Committee members are:
- Finance and Economic Development: Nkosindiphile Xhakaza
- Infrastructure Services: Masele Madihlaba
- Transport Planning: Phelisa Nkunjana
- MMC Human Settlements: Lesiba Mpya
- Water, Sanitation and Energy: Tiisetso Nketle
- Community Safety: Frans Mmoko
- Health and Social Development: Nomadlozi Nkosi
- Corporate and Shared Services: Dorah Mlambo
- City Planning: Ndosi Shongwe
- Environment and Waste Management: Khosi Mabaso
"The appointment of these capable men and women is a continued commitment to uphold the social contract we signed with the citizens of the City of Ekurhuleni upon assuming office. Their combined skills and experience will unlock the City's economic potential and introduce an era of sustainable growth, inclusivity and productivity," said Mayor Masina.