LOCAL AUTHORITY NOTICE
NOTICE IS HEREWITH GIVEN in terms of the provisions of section 7 of the Gauteng: Rationalisation of Local Government Affairs Act, 1998 (Act 10 of 1998), read with sections 11 and 12 of the Local Government Municipal Systems Act, 2000 (Act 32 of 2000), that the Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality at a meeting held on 25 February 2016 under item A-CPED (01-2016), declared its intention:-
1. to make a By-law on Billboards and the Display of Advertisements; and
2. to amend the Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality Police Services By-law by the deletion of Chapter IV on advertisements and the deletion of the applicable references to advertisements in Chapter one on definitions and the re-numbering of the By-law’s sections.
- Any person who desires to comment on the proposed Draft By-law on Billboards and the Display of Advertisements and theamendments to the Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality Police Services By-law may lodge such comments in writing by not later than 03 May 2016 to The City Manager (attention: Samuel Maluleka, Office B507, 5th Floor, Civic Centre Building,) Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality, corner C.R Swart Drive and Pretoria Road, Kempton Park.), or P.O Box 13, Kempton Park, 1620.
- The purpose of the proposed By-law on Billboards and the Display of Advertisementsis to regulate among others;-
- General conditions and areas of control applicable to all advertisements, advertising and advertising structures;
- Criteria for different types of advertising signs and advertisements;
- Prohibitions and law enforcement.
- Enquiries relating to the proposed draft By-lawmay be directed to:
Samuel Maluleka, Tel 011 999 3691/2, E-mail:
- A copy of the resolution by the Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Council and full particulars of the proposed draft By-law may be inspected during ordinary office hours at the following municipal offices or by obtaining an electronic copy from the official website address for the Municipality: www.ekurhuleni.gov.za:
(a) Office of the Acting Senior Manager: Building Control and Outdoor Advertising: City Planning Department, Office B509, 5th Floor, Civic Centre Building, corner C.R Swart Drive and Pretoria Road, Kempton Park.
(b) The following Libraries:
Bedfordview Library, Birchleigh Library, Birchleigh North Library, Bonaero Park Library, Edenvale Library, Kempton Park Library, Olifantsfontein Library, Phomolong Library, Primrose Library, Tembisa Library, Tembisa West Library, Winnie Mandela Library, Alberton Library, Boksburg Library, Bracken Library, Dinwiddie Library, Edenpark Library, Elsburg Library, Germiston Library, Isaac Mokoena Library, Katlehong Library, Leondale Library, Palm Ridge Library, Reiger Park Library, Spruitview Library, Thokhoza Library, Vosloorus Library, Zonkizizwe Library, Actonville Library, Alra Park Library, Bakerton Library, Benoni Library, Brakpan Library, Daveyton Library, Duduza Library, Dunnotter Library, Geluksdal Library, H P Mokoka Library, Jerry Moloi Library, Kwa-Thema Library, Nigel Library, Springs Library, Tsakane Library, Wattville Library; and
(c) At the following offices of Customer Care Area Managers in the Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality:
Alberton - Alwyn Taljaard Street, Alberton, Benoni - Elston Drive, Benoni, Boksburg - Cnr Trichardt & Market Street, Boksburg, Brakpan - 2nd Floor, Room D 234, Cnr Escombe & Elliot Avenue, Brakpan, Daveyton - Cnr Eiselen & Mocke Street, Daveyton, Duduza - 3001/12 Nala Street, Duduza, Edenvale - Cnr Van Riebeeck & Hendrik Potgieter Street, Edenvale, Etwatwa - 3724 23rd Street Etwatwa, Germiston - 15 Queen Street, Germiston, Katlehong - 2098 Masakhane Street, Admin Blok, Katlehong, Katlehong (2)- Cnr Sontonga & K146 Rd, Siluma View Ext 1,Katlehong, Kempton Park - Cnr Pretoria & C.R. Swart Road, Kempton Park, Kwa-Thema - 24503 Nkosi Street, Kwa-Thema,, Nigel - 145 Hendrik Verwoerd Street, Nigel, Springs - Cnr Plantation & South Main Reef Road, Springs, re: Tembisa - Cnr George Nyanga & Andrew Maphetha Street, Tembisa, Tembisa 2, Cnr Solomon and Mahlangu Drive,Winnie Mandela, Thokoza -3521 Moepshe Street, Thokoza, Tsakane -10890 Nzima Street, Tsakane and Vosloorus - Ostend Street, Vosloorus.
K Ngema, City Manager, Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality, 2nd Floor, Head Office Building, corner Cross and Rose Streets, Private Bag X1069, Germiston, 1400