Here are some common questions and answers in regards to traffic fines in Ekurhuleni.
How to find out if I have fines in Ekurhuleni or other cities?
- Visit PayCity (https://www.paycity.co.za/) or
- Download the PayCity app from either iOS store or Android Play Store if you have a smartphone.
- Register on the App or the website and enquiries can then be performed on any of them with the same registration details.
- On the website (https://www.paycity.co.za/) enquiries can be made per individual notice number without having to login by entering the correct notice number.
How do I pay my Ekurhuleni fine?
Warrants of Arrestmust be paid at the Clerk of the Court in area in which the offence was committed, or to any Ekurhuleni Metro Police cashier at the following points:
- Alberton – Swartkoppies Road, Alberton
- Benoni – Cnr Tom Jones & Victoria avenues, Benoni
- Boksburg – Cnr Bank & Adderley streets, Boksburg
- Brakpan – Cnr Kingsway & Park streets, Brakpan
- Edenvale – Cnr 9th Road & Van Riebeeck Road, Edenvale, or at the Municipal Court Office, 1st Road, Edenvale
- Germiston – Voortrekker Street, Elsburg
- Municipal Court Office, 11 Long Street,
- Kempton Park Rates Hall, Civic Centre, CR Swart Avenue,
- EMPD Precinct @ OR Tambo International Airport, Domestic Concourse
- Nigel – 33 Somerset Street, Nigel
- Springs – Rates Hall @ Civic Centre, South Main Reef, Springs
All Ekurhuleni finesthat are traffic and bylaw related can be paid at any of the following:
- Any ABSA ATM – only for ABSA Bank clients
- Standard Bank Internet
- FNB – for FNB clients
How do I do a representation?
If you wish to make representation due to the fact that you were not the driver who committed the offence, or such, then the following procedure must be followed:
- Complete an affidavit stating why you need to do a representation. Include details of the driver, if it is not you. This is a statement that must be signed before a Commissioner of Oath (all police officers and EMPD officers are Commissioners of Oaths)
In the representation, please include:
- Notice number of original fine
- Registration number
- Driver’s surname and full names
- Driver’s ID
- Driver’s full residential address
- Driver’s full business address
- Driver’s full postal address
- Submit the affidavit to any of the offices as listed. This must be done within 30 days after the fine was issued or before the payment date on any summons or notice to appear in court. It can also be posted to: Private Bag X23, Kempton Park, 1620
- Return postal address must be listed in order to be notified of the outcome of the representation.