Grant-in-Aid for 2018/2019 financial year applications are now open, closing on 31 October 2018.
The Grant-in-Aid funding is one of the City's development programmes set to financially assist organisations that share a common mission of improving the quality of life for residents of the City.
Proposals for funding should focus on providing creative and innovative programmes or services
that address the following priority areas:
- Sport, Recreation, Arts and Culture (SRAC) and Social Cohesion
- Local Economic Development and Sustainable Job Creation
- Health and Social Development
Applicants may only submit one application per organisation. All proposals must be accompanied by the following documentation:
- A signed copy of the organisation's constitution;
- A certified copy of registration certificate of the company or organization;
- A copy of the organisation's latest municipal account;
- Business plan and estimated budget; and
- All applications for amounts in excess of R100 000 must be accompanied by the most recent audited financial statements of the company/organisation.
Applicants for grants of less than R100 000 must submit a certified bank statement.
Organisations funded under the SRAC and Health & Social Development categories in 2017/18 will not be considered, while organisations funded under Economic Development category in 2015/16 and succeeding financial years will not be considered. This is so because a cooling off period of three years is applicable for the economic development sector, while a cooling off period of a year is applicable for both SRAC and health and social services sectors.
Applications must only be submitted on the prescribed form available at all customer care centres and Grant-in-Aid Administrative Support office at Head Office in Germiston.
Applications must be submitted at the 2nd Floor, Head Office Building, Cnr Cross and Rose streets, 1401/ Private Bag X1069, Germiston.
For more information, contact:
- Mbongeni Ndlela 011 999 7737 – Economic Development
- Willy Kekana 011 999 6379/0509 – Sports, Recreation, Arts and Culture
- Audrey Fihla 011 999 2517 – Health and Social Development
- Joseph Selolo 011 999 0794 – Grant-In-Aid Admin Support
All funding requests will be assessed in accordance with the allocation of Grant-in-Aid Policy and must conform to the Municipal Finance Management Act 56 of 2003.