GRANT-IN-AID APPLICATIONS OPEN
Applications are open for grant in aid 2018/2019, and should focus on providing creative and innovative programmes and/or services that address the following high level priority areas:
- Sport, Recreation, Arts and Culture and Social Cohesion;
- Local Economic Development and Sustainable Job Creation; and
- Health and Social Development.
The purpose of the funding is to assist organisations with financial aid to ensure that they are able to improve the quality of life of people within the City.
Applications can only be submitted on the prescribed form available at all customer care centres and Grant-in-Aid Administrative Support office at head office in Germiston.
Applicants may only submit one application per organization. A cooling off period of three years is applicable for the Economic Development sector while a cooling off period of a year is applicable for both SRAC and Health & Social Services sectors; eg organisations funded under the SRAC and Health & Social sectors in 2017/18 will not be considered, while those funded under
Economic Development sector in (2015/16), (2016/17) or (2017/18) will not be considered.
For more information:
- Mbongeni Ndlela - 011 999 7737 = Economic Development
- Willy Kekana - 011 999 6379/0509 = Sport, Recreation, Arts and Culture
- Audrey Fihla - 011 999 2517 = Health and Social Development
- Joseph Selolo - 011 999 0794 = Grant-In-Aid Admin Support
All applications for Grant-in-Aid funding will be assessed in accordance with the Allocation of Grant-in-Aid Policy of the City and must conform to the Municipal Financial Management Act 56 of 2003.
CLOSING DATE is 31 October 2018.