City Unlocks Development through Rapid Release of Land and Public-Private Partnership
The City’s successes when it comes to council-owned real estate and facilities are vast, and key among these achievements is the rapid release of Strategic Land Parcels and Public Private Partnerships (PPPs) to unlock development.
Some of the achievements spearheaded by the City’s Real Estate and Facilities Department as at the end of the current financial year include:
- 97 land parcels released for development city-wide;
- 58 land parcels identified and packaged for business/mix-use development in townships;
- 25 residential sites packaged (reserved) for release by Human Settlements Department;
- six land parcels released for development of agricultural farming;
- three land parcels released for development of religious denominations and other social uses;
- six properties refurbished;
- 100% of customer queries were resolved in accordance with the Ekurhuleni Service Standards; and
- 1 658 work opportunities were created.