Home For Me Forms


  • Application forms
  • Building
  • By-laws
  • Change of electric tariffs
  • Claims
  • Debt Rehabilitation Incentive
  • Delisted waste stream forms
  • Economic Development
  • Energy
  • Events
  • Outdoor Advertising Forms
  • Prepayment meter application forms
  • Promotion of Access to Information Act forms
  • Service supplier forms
  • Solar PV Registration
  • Valuation objection forms
  • Vehicle Registration



A member of the community or a business may lodge a claim against the municipality for loss or damage to property that is a result of possible wrongdoing on the part of the municipality.

In terms of Institution of Legal Proceedings Against Certain Organs of State Act 40 of 2002, a notice for a claim against an organ of state must be lodged within six months from the date of the occurrence. The claimant is obligated to supply full details of both the incident as well as proof of ownership in the form of invoices, quotes, bills, etc.

Should the claim be accepted, the claimant will receive an offer for settlement that needs to be signed and returned to the insurance section of the City. If the claim is rejected, the claimant will be notified accordingly. Insurance Claims must be submitted to

General liability claim forms and potholes claim forms are available from the City’s website or:

The Insurance Section

Risk Management Department

141 Victoria Street
Golden Heights Building