Some Businesses May Require a Water Meter Upgrade
The current economic conditions that face our country and the world continue to prompt the start of small home-based businesses.
Some these small businesses result in an increase in water consumption. Businesses such as car washes and food packaging require a lot of water for their day-to-day operation.
These changes in consumption require proper evaluation to determine whether a larger water meter needs to be installed to replace the current normal household one.
Increased water consumption
- An increased water consumption may put pressure on a smaller water meter.
- This increase can then lead to interruption in water supply and or burst water pipes.
Who should apply for an upgrade?
- Businesses that require high usage of water daily.
- Businesses that have grown resulting in a higher demand on their water supply.
Steps to follow;
- A letter or an email must be forwarded to the Water and Sanitation Department for consideration and evaluation.
- The applicant must include all relevant details of the business including type of business, physical address and status of the business.
- The notable changes in consumption patterns must be included on the request.
Who is liable for the costs?
- The consumer/owner of the property is liable for the removal and replacement costs of the water meters, as prescribed in the water tariff of the municipality.
- After the full amount has been settled then the municipality will implement the upgrade.
Where to apply:
Send an email to email@example.com and the relevant area engineer will get in contact with you.