Street Conduct /Behaviour By Laws
What NOT TO DO on public streets to avoid imprisonment, fine or both. Remember the price for imprisonment is not only losing time but having a criminal record.
Did you know that to
- play cricket, football or any game
- repair a vehicle or wash, clean any item in the street
- deface, paint on any property, road traffic signs without consent
- place a rope wire, pole, banner advertisement across any street
- use roller or other skates or fly a kite
- make a trench,
- spit in or on any street or public place
can land a person on the wrong side of the law. Any person found by the Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Police Department officers committing these offenses is on conviction liable to a fine not exceeding R2 000. Defaulting on fine payment results in imprisonment for a period not exceeding six months. In the worst-case scenario, you may find yourself paying a fine and imprisoned.