CITY IMPLEMENTS LOAD REDUCTION IN PARTS OF BOKSBURG
GERMISTON – The high demand for power supply from residential areas and factories, has forced the city to implement load reduction in some parts of Boksburg supplied by the Anderbolt Substation so as to stabilize the grid.
The load reduction process has already started, and areas affected include:
- Anderbolt residential and factories;
- Beyers Park residential and factories;
- North Rand Road factories; and
- Birchwood Hotel.
The load reduction in affected areas will take place in 10-hour intervals as follows:
- Residential areas will be on from 18h00 to 08h00; and
- Factories will be on from 08h00 to 18h00.
Factories are requested to reduce load as much as possible to allow more customers to have power supply.
In the meantime, all affected residents and businesses are encouraged to treat all electrical networks as live at all times.