Planned Water Supply Interruption In Germiston And Parts Of Alberton
The City of Ekurhuleni wishes to inform customers and businesses in Germiston and parts of Alberton of a planned water supply interruption scheduled to take place from 09:00 on 22 May until 18:00 on 23 May 2021. This is due to maintenance on a Rand Water J7 pipeline which feeds into the Russel Road Reservoir.
The following areas will be affected by low pressure water to now water.
- Gosforth Park (industrial and residential): no water
- Lambton: low water pressure
- Raceway Industrial Area: no water
- Dinwiddie: no water
- Albemarle: low water pressure to no water
- South Germiston industrial area: no water
- Wadeville: low water pressure to no water
- Roodekop Extension 31: low water pressure to no water
Water tankers have been arranged and will be located as follows:
- Corner Hawaii Street and Java Crescent, Gosforth Park
- Corner Hawaii and Numeral Streets, Gosforth Park
- Corner Kasteel Avenue and Black Reef Road (near The Reef Shopping Mall)
- Corner Grey Avenue and Black Reef Road, Dinwiddie
- Corner Sunstone and Brookhill roads, Castleview
- Corner Hatfield and Grey avenues, Albermarle
- Corner Halstead Road and Cheam Crescent, Dinwiddie
- Corner Jwang and Mabuya streets, Ext 31, Roodekop
- Corner Ekuthuleni and Metsing streets, Ext 31, Roodekop
- Cyrus McCormick Crescent and Galiled Avenue, Ext 31, Roodekop
- Extension 4, Elandshaven
- Union Park
- Industrial Park
- Norton Small Farms
- Extension 2, Albemarle
In addition, customers are also encouraged to store adequate water to utilise during this time.
The City of Ekurhuleni wishes to apologise for the inconvenience caused.