City Planning

Daveyton Residents Attends Planning Open Day

Building plans and occupational certificates are just compliance but are needed when selling your house.

This was said by Tabudi Tebele, a Regional Manager Building Control in the City Planning during the department’s open day in Daveyton Customer Care Centre (CCC).

He said it is important for home owners to use the services of the inspectors every step of renovating of their houses.

“Inspectors have to check the foundations. If they are ok, the inspector will then check the slops of the drains and sewerage. If they are ok, the inspector will come back to check the roof including the ceilings,” he said.

Tebele said that the last inspection will be the finalisation inspection, if all the development were found to be in line with building regulations, the inspector will issue an occupational certificate.

The occupational certificate state that the house is safe to be occupied and used.

“These two documents, an approved building plan and occupation certificate are important when you selling your house. The bank will want these documents before concluding the sale of the house,” said Tebele.

Inspections services are for free in the City of Ekurhuleni. Residents can contact City Planning department in their nearest Customer Care Centre (CCC).