JOB SCAM, BEWARE!
The public is warned of scam messages sent to the public through social media messaging claiming to be from the City of Ekurhuleni.
The City reiterates that its job application process is not conducted through social media platforms or social media messaging.
The public is urged to note the following to avoid being scammed:
- All position are advertised on the City’s website https://www.ekurhuleni.gov.za/residents/careers.html
- The City would never ask you for money in exchange for a job interview.
- The City’s email addresses are formatted as firstname.lastname@example.org
- The City’s official office telephone numbers start with 011 999 xxxx.
- Any communication and adverts of vacancies will carry the City of Ekurhuleni logo and NOT Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality.
- The City does not request any payment to apply for a position.
- Communication from the City is through official email and telephonic communications, as well as face-to-face interviews.
Vacancies are strictly advertised on the City’s website: www.ekurhuleni.gov.za/vacancies where both permanent, temporal and fixed term positions are advertised.
The City strongly advises the public not to respond to unsolicited offers of employment or those seeking information from people claiming to work for, or to be associated with, the City of Ekurhuleni.