Service Delivery

Opening a Municipal Account with Ekurhuleni

If you are renting or just bought property in the City of Ekurhuleni it is necessary to open a services account.

It must be noted that customers cannot open such accounts electronically, they must visit their nearest Customer Care Centre (CCC).

Remember to take along the following when opening your account:

  • Copy of Identity document (ID) not a driver’s licence
  • Proof of ownership (eg deeds transfer)
  • Electricity Compliance Certificate (ECC)
  • A deposit, which is determined by the size of the property.

You can view, manage and pay your account online by registering on

For any account queries: