Procedure to Follow When Logging A Call at The Call Centre
The City of Ekurhuleni runs a 24/7 call centre to deal with service delivery issues, as well as a centre for all emergencies.
WHEN LOGGING A SERVICE RELATED ISSUE, provide the call operator with:
- The reason for your call and specify the kind of help you need
- Your name in full (spell it put if needed)
- Your contact number/s
- Your address and the nearest cross road (spell it out if needed)
- The suburb and town where the problem is, eg Selection Park in Springs
- The nearest landmarks to the issue eg across the road from the Engen garage
WAIT FOR THE OPERATOR TO FINISH before hanging up and make sure you:
- Get a reference number which will help with follow ups
- Always give as much information as possible to the operator
- Get the name of the call centre operator
CALL 0860 543 000
IN CASE OF EMERGENCY, in a life threatening situation:
- Provide the operator with what has happened and what help is needed
- Give your full name and contact details
- Provide the address (suburb, town, street address) and nearest landmark where the incident is eg in Gerry Street, Thembisa near the clinic.
- Wait for the operator to finish assisting before hanging up and make sure you receive a reference number.
CALL 011 458 0911