THE GRACE PERIOD FOR PAYMENT ARRANGEMENTS AND BILLING QUERIES BY INDEBTED RATEPAYERS WHO FACED DISCONNECTION IN THEMBISA ENDS TODAY
The grace period that was granted to residents of Thembisa who have municipal debt or debt queries last week to make payment arrangements or sort their billing queries is coming to an end today, 5 May 2023.
The grace period was granted to stay the electricity disconnections while payment arrangements are being made or billing queries are addressed.
The city encourages residents who are not able to pay for municipal services due to their indigent status to visit municipal offices for registration into the indigent programme.
Registered indigents and deemed indigents (residing in a property worth R250 000.00 or less) receive the following free basic services:
- 100% rebates on assessment rates;
- Free refuse removal;
- 50kwh of free electricity per month;
- 6kl of water and sewer per month;
- Free indigent burial; and
- special rates on emergency services such as ambulance and fire-fighting.