What to Do When Logging a Service Call
The City runs a 24/7 Call Centre to assist residents in matters relating to service delivery and life threatening emergencies.
When logging a call, it is crucial to note the following steps to ensure that you can be assisted as soon as possible.
- Give your name in full (spell it);
- Provide your contact number/s;
- State your address and the nearest cross road (spell it out for accuracy in finding the location);
- Name the suburb and town where the incident is (eg Farrarmere, Benoni);
- Mention what the nearest landmark is (eg park;
- Tell the call centre agent exactly the nature of help you require (what is wrong);
- Don’t hang up until the operator has done so to ensure all your information is captured;
- Make sure you get a reference number and ask if needed;
- Always give as much information as possible to the operator;
- Get the name of the Call Centre operator;
- Life Threatening Emergency – 011 458 0911
- For service related issues – 0860 543 000