CITY IS SEARCHING FOR TALENT IN COMMUNITY THEATRE GROUPS
The City of Ekurhuleni calls on developing community theatre groups to participate in the talent workshop scouting sessions. A total of 12 successful theatre groups, comprising of four from each of the three regions of the city, will be entered into masterclasses and mentorship programme from January 2023 to June 2023. The programme is part of Ekurhuleni Public Employment Programme (EPEP).
Only developing theatre groups based in Ekurhuleni are eligible to participate.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send your application to CoEArts@ekurhuleni.gov.za by no later than midnight, 00h00 on Sunday, 09 October 2022:An application must consist of the following:
- A written script or idea of your production (synopsis) – including a cast of not more than 10 members and a crew list.
- Portfolio of images or 3 – 5 minutes video clip of your past performances.
- A reference letter e.g., from your Ward Councillor, previous Tutor/Mentor, school and or organizations/companies you have performed for or worked with previously.
If you do not hear from us by Wednesday, 12 October 2022, consider your application unsuccessful. Late applications will not be considered.
Requirements for the scouting sessions:
Only community arts groups from the City of Ekurhuleni. Groups must perform a play of not more than 20 minutes and the cast must be limited to 10 cast members. Groups must be in black flexible clothing (track pants and t-shirts) and no props or set is required during the scouting sessions.
Shortlisting during sessions will be based on the following (Selection criteria):
- Innovation – new and exciting, dynamic, current ideas/concepts plays and in relation to current social issues.
- Presentation – show vocal capabilities in diction, articulation, resonance, projection and rhythm.
- Storyline – title of the play to be attractive and exciting, relevance and significance, structure of the play to be in line with the storyline, etc.
- Creativity – creative, choice including style and period staging and stage craft, etc.
Open workshop scouting sessions schedule:
(Only applied and shortlisted groups will attend)
- Friday, 14 October, 2022 – Rhoo Hlatshwayo Art Centre, Daveyton – 09:30 – 15:00
- Saturday, 15 October, 2022 – Faranani Hall, Tsakani – 09:30 – 15:00
- Friday, 21 October, 2022 – Vosloorus Civic Centre Hall, Vosloorus – 09:30 – 15:00
- Saturday, 22 October, 2022 – Moses Molelekwa Art Centre, Thembisa – 09:30 – 15:00